Smokey Chicken Risotto
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 Tbsp Butter unsalted
- 2 Tbsp COS Oil
- 2 Cups Arborio Rice
- 1/2 Cup White Wine warmed
- 4 Cups Chicken Bone Broth simmering
- 1/2 Cup Cream
- 1 Cup Red Onions diced fine
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced and crushed
- 2 Cups Chicken cooked and shredded, skin included if possible
- 2 Tsp Cumin
- 2 Tsp Mild Smoked Paprika
- 3/4 Cup Smoked Gruyere Cheese grated
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro minced
- Sprinkling Sea Salt to taste
- Sprinkling Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet to medium high, add the oil and sauté the onions, half of the garlic for 5 minutes and remove from the pan, leaving the pan juices in the skillet.
- Add 1 Tbsp butter, the rice and some salt and pepper. Sauté for 6-7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the wine, stirring until absorbed.
- Add a cup of broth, stirring occasionally until almost absorbed. Repeat until rice is almost to the level of desired doneness.
- Add the cream, chicken, cumin, paprika, sautéed onions and remaining garlic to the pan, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining butter, coat with the cheese and cilantro, cover and remove from heat.
- Wait 3 minutes, mix together, taste, season and serve.