15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 Lbs Red Snapper fillets
- 1 Tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Lime Juice approx. 4 limes
- 2 – Avocados cubed
- 1 Cup Cucumber halved and sliced thin
- 1 Med. Red Onion quartered and sliced very thin
- 1 Tbsp Garlic minced and crushed
- 2 Tbsp Scallion Greens (green onion) sliced thinly
- 1 – Jalapeno Pepper seeds removed and diced fine
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt to taste
- 1 Pinch Fish Sauce to taste
- Soak the snapper fillets in salted water for 20 minutes, remove and pat dry.
- Slice the snapper into half inch strips, then half inch cubes and place into a medium sized serving bowl.
- Add the lime juice and mix in with the diced fish, coating completely as soon as possible.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and blend very well, pour over the fish, stir in and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Taste, season and serve on slices of cucumber, or just leave in the bowl.
Ceviche should be eaten within 3 days of preparation.