The best Caesar dressing you will ever make for yourself.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 – Eggs yolks
- 1 Cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 Cup COS Oil lightly flavoured
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Garlic chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp Capers fluid pressed out
- 2-3 Tsp Anchovy Paste to taste
- 1 Tsp Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/2-1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper to taste
- 1 Tsp Red Wine Vinegar to taste
- 1 Tsp Basil dried flakes
- 1/2 Cup Yogurt plain
- 1 Tsp Lime Juice to taste
- More Anchovy Paste to taste
- More Parmesan Cheese to taste
- Allow all of the ingredients to warm to room temperature.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk the yolks, salt, mustard, vinegar and lime juice together into a paste. Tilt the bowl to a 45 degree angle, (support with a twisted up towel) and drizzle the oil in VERY slowly, a few drops at a time, to the yolk mixture and whisk together until the oil is fully absorbed or emulsified. Continue to add the oil, a few drops at a time, every five to ten seconds, whisking continuously until the mixture begins to blend together and thicken. This will take a few minutes. You van also use a food processor, just pulse at each step.
- After you have added two tablespoons of oil this way, begin adding the oil one teaspoon at a time and whisk until completely emulsified. When you added approximately half of the oil start adding it by the tablespoon. Once all of the oil is incorporated, whisk until you have reached desired thickness. This is an art of sensitivity, if you go too slow it won’t thicken, if you go to fast you will “break” the emulsion.
- Now add Ingredient Group 2 and mix together.
- Now add Ingredient Group 3, tasting as you go.
This will make a fairly thick Caesar dressing or dip. If you want to thin it some more just add more yogurt.