This is my “go to” way of preparing a steak dinner when I am very busy. It is not the fastest way to cook a steak, but it gives you a lot of time to do other things while your dinner is cooking. Also, roasting red meat is way healthier than frying or barbecuing. This goes well with a BIG salad.
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, coconut oil or butter
- 2 8 oz Steaks at room temperature
- 1 large Red Onion halved and cut into thick slices
- 2 large Carrots quartered and broken up by hand
- 1 whole zucchini halved and roughly chopped
- Sea Salt to taste
- cracked pepper to taste
- Red Wine Vinegar to taste (taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Quickly prepare the vegetables.
- Put the steaks on a cutting board, pour a little oil on them and rub it in by hand. Flip them over and repeat. Season with salt and pepper, flip and repeat.
- Add the remaining oil or butter to a baking pan. Add the vegetables to the pan and spread out evenly.
- Lay the steaks on top and roast for 15 minutes.
- Flip the steaks over with a fork and roast until desired level of doneness.
- They will be medium rare at 30 minutes and medium well at 40 minutes.
- At 30 minutes, either remove from the oven and let rest or flip the steaks over again. When you remove the steaks to rest, allow the vegetables to roast for another 5 minutes.
- A splash of red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar makes a nice addition.
- If you find un-caramelized fat unappetizing then trim it off and fry it with some eggs for breakfast tomorrow.
- Taste, season and serve with the roasted vegetables and a generous salad.